Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Nail Art of Autumn

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday! Yesterday was the first day of Fall, at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere. The temperatures here are putting a damper on thoughts of cool crisp Autumn days, given the highs are in the 80/90s (sadly nice cool weather for us in September). But I can help myself pass the time until cool weather, with pretty fall colors.



It honestly did not turn out as I imagined it, but not completely a nail fail. Reminds me of vintage curtains or furniture. I started with two coats of Julep Demi, a deep burgundy creme. Then I did stripes and dots with China Glaze Harvest Moon. Finally, more dots using Love My Nails Hot Tamale. I was inspired to do this after seeing this post from Polish Art Addiction. Next time I will try this design with all cremes.

Harvest Moon is part of the China Glaze Capitol Colours Collection and retails for $3-6 at various stores (it will be in the clearance area) and websites. Julep retails for $14 on their website. Love My Nails retail for $1 at Bari Cosmetics.

No comments:

Please Leave a Comment :)