Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you are enjoying your Wednesday! And your Fourth of July, if you're in the US. Today, I have a final design to share with you for the holiday.



I had a man compliment me on my patriotic nails today. That rarely happens. Almost never. On my pinky, index, and thumb, I did two coats of Wet n Wild Red Red then stripes with L.A. Colors Art Deco White. For my middle and ring fingers, I used one coat of Pure Ice Super Star! then stamped on stars with Color Club Cold Metal and plate BM20. To add a little extra something, I placed silver star glitter in the middle of each large stamped star.

Wet n Wild retail for $1-2 at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Ulta, and many other stores, all of which are listed on their websiteCold Metal is part of the Color Club Foiled Collection. It retails for $4-8. I purchased mine in a collection set of all six for $8 at Ross. BM stamping plates are part of a 21 piece set that retails for $18 on Bundle Monster or their Amazon store. Pure Ice retails for $2 at Walmart and Bari Cosmetics. L.A. Colors Art Deco stripers retail for around $1 and can be found at most Dollar stores. 

3 comments:

  1. Is it weird that men compliment on my nail art more than women do? I work nights, but out of all the people I see it's only the men who say anything. It doesn't happen a lot or anything but still..

    I think these are so cute, and different instead of white stars on blue=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very rarely got compliments from men on my nails. Could be that I interact with women more often than men. Who knows?

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my fav 4th manis I saw this yr. It's soft and not so costume looking 'cause of that.

    ReplyDelete