Sunday, June 10, 2012

True Blood Sunday!

ITS TRUE BLOOD SUNDAY!! I love the show. Definitely one of my favorite shows. So of course I had to do a mani for the season five premiere, which is tonight.




I did all of my nails in a splatter mani. I had intended to write True Blood on my thumb, but it was not working out well, so splatter for all. I did one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black then splattered on Love My Nails New Love with a straw. Looks like blood splatters. 

If you have never done splatter with a straw, let me warn you. I haven't done one in almost a year, so I forgot how frustrating cleanup is. I wish I had taped off my skin. To help you understand what I mean, I took pictures.



The first picture is before any cleanup. Its everywhere. Including the underside of my fingers from touching wet polish. The second picture is after my first cleanup attempt. It took another round of cleanup on the skin, plus some around my nails this morning to get the pictures you see up top. So ladies, please, remember to tape off.

Sinful Colors retail for $2 at Walgreens (online/in store) and Target (in store). They're also available for $2.50 at Cherry Culture. Love My Nails retail for $1 at Bari Cosmetics.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Nails + Awesome inspiration:) <3 True blood:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay more Truebies! Gorgeous mani as always. I am with you on the clean up, it seems like anytime I do splatter it's with dark colors >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a Truebie since day one. Love it!

      Delete