Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Comparison - Color Club Candy Cane vs Wet n Wild Sparked

Battle of the pink glitters! While looking at my nail wheel one day, I noticed that two of my pink glitters looked very close. Possible dupes. So I did a little comparison.

Each picture is index/ring with Color Club Candy Cane and middle/pinky with Wet n Wild Sparked.

One coat each

Two coats each

Two coats each with a coat of Wet n Wild Hallucinate over Sparked
As you can see Candy Cane covers much more opaque than Sparked, even after the first coat. With a second coat, Sparked is more opaque, but still not equal. In the bottle, the only difference appears to be the lack of holo glitter in Sparked. On the nail, you can see that are very close. To really see the potential, I layered one coat of Hallucinate over Sparked.

After taking a good look at each nail, I would have to say that they are very very close, but not dupes, even with holo glitter added. Candy Cane is slightly more hot pink than the Sparked/Hallucinate combo. Different enough to justice owning both, but close enough that it would make a good substitution.

3 comments:

  1. Both glitter look very similar. Look beautiful on the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely go for Candy Cane out of the two, I love glitter when I don't have to apply upwards of 3 coats to get it opaque :)

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Candy Cane as well. If I wanted just a shattered pink glitter over a base color, I would pick Sparked though.

    ReplyDelete