Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairies

I hope you're enjoying your Monday! I have another manicure to show you for Monkey See, Monkey Do. The challenge just started last week. Its a nail challenge for Monday (though mine will be on Tuesday since I already do one for Mondays) where we take inspiration from or recreate a mani done by someone else. Anything you see on blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, or anywhere else online. 






I was inspired by a lovely design I saw on Pinterest by Milily. For my base, I did two coats of Cosmetic Arts In Bloom. Its a very light lilac creme with great application. For the tips, I sponged on Color Club Sugarplum Fairy. I love this glitter so much. It is a clear base packed with light lilac and holo glitter. I've found that for glitter, it is best to paint the polish on the sponge.

Cosmetic Arts retail for $2 at Ross (I'm unsure where else they are sold, if anywhere else). Sugarplum Fairy is part of the Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe Collection. It retails for $4-8. I purchased mine in a collection set of all six for $8 at Ross.  

Please check out the other lovely bloggers participating in this challenge. :)



8 comments:

  1. MY FAVORITE!!! I could wear something like this every day. :) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. Love glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it's so simple and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty mani! The only place I ever saw Cosmetics Arts in the wild was at Fred Meyer in Washington state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely nails!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove glittery gradient tips! your nails are so pretty =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! It makes me think of a fairy!

    ReplyDelete