Monday, August 29, 2011

Nail Mail and General Rambling

I'm not sure one polish in the mail deserves a whole post, but I've got a lot to talk about so...

I ordered a very pretty polish last week and got it today. China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald, from their Vintage Vixen Fall 2010 Collection. Its a very pretty deep teal with some shimmer. Swatches will come within a couple of weeks. I purchased it with the intention of painting peacock feathers on my nails.

Artificial Light, Flash

No Flash

The color is not very visible in any of my pictures (I took more than just two). So I hunted down a stock photo, which shows it better.


Its a very pretty shade in person and exactly what I wanted. I really hope its as pretty (if not prettier) on my nails. 

I bought this polish off Amazon.com after getting a $5 Amazon giftcard from Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a website where you earn electronic points called Swagbucks for doing a variety of tasks. You can redeem the points for a variety of things. But I was interested in giftcards. I signed up August 4th. I earned all of my points through using their search engine, taking the daily poll, and using the toolbar I installed in my browser. Within two weeks, I had enough points to get a $5 Amazon giftcard. How amazing is that? I just replaced my usual search engine with theirs and answered a poll question. I did not even have to technically use the toolbar. It gives the point automatically when your browser opens. It is absolutely worth trying. 

I blogged about my first Julep Maven package a couple of days ago. While I have not used any of the polishes yet, I did use Julep's Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub. I'm in love! My hands are naturally soft (except during the cold months when I rely on my hand cream). But this scrub made them feel even softer and smoother. I used it last night and they still feel amazing. And the smell is great too. Very fruity. To me it smelled like apricots. 

Julep's site descriped the hand scrub as: "Potent glycolic acid combined with apricot seeds provides powerful double exfoliation that leaves your hands feeling noticeably softer and looking younger after just one use.  Naturally scented with orange oil for a refreshing aromatherapy boost with each use."

I got a sample of it in my Maven package as well. I will be including it in my first giveaway. I am not sure when that will be however.

No comments:

Please Leave a Comment :)