Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mini Polish Haul

Today I discovered that Ross sells inexpensive sets of nail polish and that Ulta is the most amazing place for polish I've ever seen.

I came away with six polishes total today. Three from Ross, two from Ulta, and one from Walmart.


From left to right: e.l.f. Mod Mauve, Sunset, Plum, Essence Fairytale Once Upon a Time, Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Night Glow, and Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love.


I got the three e.l.f. polishes from Ross in a collection called Pretty Polish: The Purple Trio for only two dollars. Ross is definitely worth looking at for polish collections. The one near me had at least a dozen more for very reasonable prices.



This is my first Essence polish. Its a beautiful bright red with so much sparkle. Not to mention the bottle is adorable. The top has purple flowers with black butterflies. I found this one at Ulta in the clearance section for a dollar.


I noticed this polish for the bottle before I even realized it was glow in the dark. I love all things Halloween and horror. So the tombstone caught my eye. When I saw glow in the dark, I literally bounced in the store. I have never tried any of the Fantasy Makers collection, but I am a fan of Wet n Wild, so I'm very optimistic. I tried to get a picture of this bottle in the dark. Despite it being very visible to my eye, the camera would not pick up the glow.

Last but not least, I got a matte top coat from Hard Candy. I have never used a matte polish before, but I am very excited about trying it out.

By the way, within the next day or two, I will be posting my manicure for Teal Toes, in support of raising awareness for ovarian cancer. The idea is to paint our toes and/or fingers teal to help raise awareness in the month of September, since it will be ovarian cancer awareness month. http://www.tealtoes.org/

2 comments:

  1. That last bottle is so pretty! That red polish looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! I love pretty polish bottles :)

    ReplyDelete